APPPL’s very first installation was performed in 1998 in a farm near Nasik, Maharashtra
for grapes. The same year APPPL also installed in United Phosphorous Limited (UPL) in
Vapi, Gujarat for Sugarcane. From that day onwards, APPPL has many installations in
various parts of India for crops like;
- Vegetables :All types of vegetables like Lettuce, Eggplant, Tomato,
Potato, Broccoli, Chillies etc.
- Horticulture:All types of like horticulture Grapes, Pomegranate,
Papaya, Banana, Oranges, Lime & Lemon, Sugarcane, Strawberry, Passion Fruit, Mango,
Coconut, Chikoo,Amli etc.
- Cereals:All types of cereals like Maze, Sorghum, Paddy, Wheat etc.
Installation & Benefit
For agriculture, APPROTECH Porous Pipe (APP) is laid sub surface. For
installing APPROTECH Porous Pipe, NO manual labour is required. Our
efficient team of engineers have designed a special machine which has to
be mounted on the rear side of the tractor which not only lays the
Porous Pipe, but it even trenches and back fills the soil at the same
time (3)(click here) .
For agriculture, the recommended sizes are 16mm and 22mm. APPROTECH
Porous Pipe is laid at 8” t 12” below the ground (depending on the
crop). APPROTECH Porous Pipe is designed for LOW FLOW LOW PRESSURE
operation. The operating pressure for APP is as low as 0.3 kg/cm² to 0.5
kg/cm². Our product works on the soil capillary action (i.e. – the
discharge of the water will be totally dependent on the crop and soil
- Save upto 15% to 25% of water over drip irrigation.
- Save upto 35% to 45% of energy over drip irrigation.
- Save upto 70% of fertilizer cost over drip irrigation.
- Save upto 50% of weeding cost over drip irrigation.
- Save upto 50% to 60% of labour cost over drip irrigation.
- Save upto 90% of maintenance cost over drip irrigation.
- Better root, Plant growth and productivity.
- No damage from rates, rodents, dogs, insects etc.
- No hassle from theft.
Discharge will depend on the type of
soil and pressure applied. / Water will be saved if the APP is laid sub surface and is
operated on minimum pressure. / Energy will be saved only if using gravity and not